The answer is mostly likely “yes”, even if you are a small business with annual turnover of less than $3,000,000. Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), various types of entities are, in summary, required to comply with a prescribed set of 13 “Australian Privacy Principles”. The first principle
Contact our small business lawyers Sydney
Related practice areas
- Damages for republication of defamatory statement by third party
- Franchisors and holding companies beware: Fair Work Amendment (Protecting Vulnerable Workers) Bill 2017
- Minimum employment terms and conditions in Australia
- When are agreed damages clauses in contracts unenforceable penalty clauses rather than enforceable liquidated damages clauses?
- Protecting your brand & trade mark registration