Admitted to Practice
- High Court of Australia – Registered to practice as Solicitor and Barrister
- Supreme Court of New South Wales – Lawyer
- The Tax Institute – Chartered Tax Adviser
- Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand – Chartered Accountant
- Tax advice for significant and complex transactions
- Extensive expertise across a broad range of commercial transactions (e.g. M&A and finance), tax authority issues (e.g. reviews and disputes) and sectors (e.g. financial services, private equity, technology and property).
- Corporate & commercial advisory
Over 20 yrs top-tier experience including as a Partner and Executive Director at major law and accounting firms in Sydney and New York.
Recognised in client and peer surveys including Best Lawyers, Legal 500 and International Tax Review’s guide to the world’s leading tax advisers.
- major global banking group on the $1.5 billion sale of its Australian asset finance business and corporate loan portfolio to a Big 4 Australian Bank
- one of the world’s largest alternative investment managers on US$1.1 billion acquisition of an education group
- major Australian bank on US$15 billion programme for issuance of Medium Term Notes, Euro-commercial paper and other debt instruments
- first ever issue of bonds on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange by an Australian subsidiary of a Chinese state-owned enterprise outside the banking sector (US$500 million)
- significant tax dispute/negotiation with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) involving cutting edge issues forming part of the OECD’s Base Erosion and Profit Shifting Project (BEPS)
- leading Australian Property fund on $400+ million sale of stake in landmark Sydney office tower
David is actively involved on every matter so all clients benefit from his experience.